Terms and Conditions
Specific limits of Ego’s site:
Ego’s site does not offer any diagnostic advice or service. If you need advice, information or treatment you should consult a qualified medical or health care practitioner and not use this site. The information on Ego’s site is a guide only.
The content of Ego’s site is not intended to:
• constitute professional medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis or treatment;
• be relied upon without any professional consultation or independent consideration by a qualified medical practitioner or pharmacist as appropriate.
You should not rely on information which you obtain from or via Ego’s site as a substitute for medical or healthcare advice, information or treatment from a qualified healthcare professional.
Usefulness of Ego’s site:
Ego’s site is designed and written to provide an initial and useful general practical explanation of a range of common skin conditions with possible appropriate treatments. Bearing in mind the uniqueness of every person it is not feasible to set out in detail every common skin condition and the comprehensive treatment which might apply in each particular case. While Ego’s site may offer information about a particular problem Ego cannot confirm that that problem is what the user has nor the right treatment in the circumstances. It is correct to seek advice from the appropriate health care professional especially when a condition does not respond to treatment within a reasonable length of time.
The information on Ego’s site is offered on the terms and understanding that neither Ego nor Ego’s directors and Ego site’s authors are responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of the information or for any error or omission in the information. No person including medical practitioners, pharmacists and nurses should act solely on the basis of the information on Ego’s site. Changes to knowledge may occur quickly and further, each person is different and responds to treatment differently. As a guide, a milder product should be used initially, gradually increasing the therapeutic strength of the product used, if necessary. Occasionally, product improvements require change and the products may change without notice.
Ego endeavors to provide a convenient and functional site. However, Ego does not warrant the content will be error-free or that the site or the server that operates it are free of viruses or other harmful components. If your use of Ego’s site results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material, equipment or data, Ego will not be responsible for such costs.
Copyright and other intellectual property:
Ego’s site contains material which is subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to Ego. Subject to fair use and other relevant defences:
you are allowed to:
view, copy and print material in electronic or other forms only for your personal use, or non-commercial purposes and only if you retain the copyright notice and other intellectual property notices from the original material;
you are NOT allowed to:
• use material from Ego’s site for non-personal, public or commercial purposes (other than the provision of professional services if a medical or healthcare practitioner for individual patients); or
• breach copyright or any other intellectual property rights of Ego or its licensors including by amending or adapting any material on Ego’s site. Subject to the provision above no part of Ego’s site may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of a director of Ego Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd.
Advertising, links to third party websites and e-commerce offers:
Ego’s site contains hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties. These linked websites are not under the control of Ego. Ego is not responsible for the contents of any linked web or any hyperlink contained in a linked website. Ego provides these hyperlinks to you as a convenience only. The inclusion of any link is not nor does it imply any endorsement of the linked website by Ego. You link to any such web site entirely at your own risk.
This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia.
It is hoped that the website will provide a useful guide and any comments on its structure and contents with a view to improving its usefulness would be welcome.
SunSense Loyalty Scheme Terms and Conditions
Collection of Points
- The SunSense Loyalty Scheme (the Scheme) shall only apply to purchases made online at sunsense.co.uk (the SunSense Website) by Members.
- Users must create an account on the SunSense Website (the Account) to become members of the Scheme (Members).
- Members must complete transactions while logged into their Account on the SunSense Website to claim points under the Scheme.
- The points to be collected per Account are as follows:
- 30 points for creating an Account;
- 1 point for every GBP1 spent on purchasing SunSense products via the SunSense Website while logged into an Account (unless otherwise specified in a promotion);
- 50 points to be credited to the Account on a Member’s birthday (if such information is provided for the Account); and
- 100 points will be credited for every referral by an existing Member once the new Member has spent over £15 on the SunSense Website while logged into their Account.
- Members can earn a maximum of 10,000 points in any one collection period being two years from the date the first point was collected by that Account.
- Points have no cash value and can only be redeemed for SunSense products via the SunSense Website. The current conversion value of points is one-point equals GBP 0.05.
- Points can be used to purchase products on the SunSense Website. A Member can use points to make a part payment of the cost of a transaction on the Sunsense Website.
- SunSense may at its sole discretion set a limit on how often points may be awarded for promotional items on which additional points are available. Individual promotions may have different limits as communicated in their purchase conditions. Any participation in promotional offers above and beyond what could reasonably be considered consumer behaviour or personal use may be deemed abuse of the Scheme.
- SunSense is entitled to remove points from an Account if products are returned for any reason and a full or partial refund of the purchase price is given to a Member. This right also applies to the exchange of products, unless the exchange is for products with an equivalent points value.
- SunSense reserves the right to withdraw points promotions or offers without notice.
- During points events, existing points promotions will not be multiplied or applied in conjunction with points events.
- Points awarded may be removed or cancelled if SunSense determines that the points were collected in breach of these terms and conditions or were awarded in error. For the avoidance of doubt, any advice or actions of SunSense staff or representatives that is contrary to these terms and conditions shall not have the effect of changing these terms and conditions.
- SunSense is under no obligation to award points for any reason outside of qualifying transactions.
The Loyalty Scheme
- The Scheme Account and points are issued by and remain the property of SunSense which may, at any time in its sole discretion, terminate the Scheme or alter or amend these terms and conditions.
- All members of the Scheme must be resident in the UK and aged 18 years or over.
- Members are only entitled to hold one Account. SunSense reserves the right to refuse, merge or close additional Accounts held by, or suspected to be held by, the same individual at any time.
- Members must register their personal details to open their Account and keep SunSense informed of any changes in such details. SunSense cannot be held responsible for any loss of points incurred because of incorrect or out of date details.
- Accounts that have not been updated for two years may be removed and any points associated with the Account forfeited. Members who do not collect any points for two years may be removed from the Scheme, forfeiting any points they hold, and will need to reapply for new membership should they wish to re-join.
- The Account is not transferable and can only be used by the Member who registered the Account. The Account and points cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
- SunSense shall not be held responsible for any loss arising from the Member failing to ensure the safe-keeping of their Account log in details.
- SunSense may decline to issue, or may withdraw or cancel points and / or suspend or remove a Member from the Scheme at any time at its own discretion or if there is reasonable belief of any abuse or attempted abuse of the Scheme, any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions, or any behaviour relating to the Scheme that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
- The Scheme is only for personal consumer use. The Scheme cannot be used for any business transaction or purpose.
- Members can choose to leave the Scheme at any time. By leaving the Scheme, Members shall forfeit the right to any points already accrued or issued.
- Members may inherit the points of a family member who has died by providing a written request informing us of the membership details of the deceased.
- The promoter of the SunSense Loyalty Scheme is Crawford Healthcare Limited, King Edward Court, King Edward Road, Knutsford, WA16 0BE.
- SunSense is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information used in connection with any promotion or any failures or errors which may occur in the administration of the Scheme. To the fullest extent permitted by law SunSense excludes all liability and the Member agrees to release and hold harmless SunSense for any damage, loss, liability or injury to person or property or for any claim arising as a result of participation in the Scheme. This clause shall not exclude or limit any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- These terms and conditions replace all previous versions, are correct as of April 2019 and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- SunSense reserves the right to change these terms and conditions, at any time on reasonable notice for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons. Members who continue to participate in the Scheme following such a change shall be deemed to have accepted the updated terms and conditions.
- A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms and conditions, but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- Due to printing lead times, terms and conditions on any printed literature may not reflect the most recent changes. These are the most up to date terms and conditions that apply to the Scheme.
The SunSense Pledge
- The promoter is SunSense UK, King Edward Court, King Edward Road, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 OBE, United Kingdom.
- This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over. Employees of SunSense UK, or anyone connected to the competition in any way, will not be permitted to enter the competition.
- By signing up to our online pledge to wear sunscreen everyday, an entrant will be entered into a prize draw on a monthly basis. Entrants who do not win will automatically be entered into ongoing monthly prize draws.
- The monthly prize is a SunSense bundle with an RRP of £75.54. This contains one 125ml SunSense Ultra, one 50ml SunSense Ultra roll-on, one 125ml SunSense Kids, one 50ml SunSense Kids roll-on, one 75ml Sunsense Daily Face and one SunSense Lip Balm.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The monthly winner will be contacted via email within 7 days of the competition closing. The winner will then be taken out of the ongoing monthly prize draws. The monthly prize draw will run until 1st November 2o19.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for any reason.
- SunSense UK reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in any event that is outside of the company’s control. Notice of any changes will be given to entrants as soon as possible.
- No cash alternative to the prizes can be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winning entry will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by SunSense UK.
- If the winner is unable to claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner, and pick a replacement winner from the remaining entrants.
- The winner must be able to provide a UK address for the prize to be delivered to.
- Only one entry per person. No automated, third party or bulk entries are permitted. If it becomes apparent that individuals are attempting to make multiple entries, these entrants will be disqualified. No prizes will be awarded to these entrants.
- Decisions in respect of all matters to do with this competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner may be called upon to use his/her name and/or image in any publicity material related to this competition. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.